Chemical Analyses on Palm Oil with CDR Palm Oil Tester
CDR PalmOilTester is the analysis system for crude and refined palm oil, ideal to perform quality and process control tests in all production stages and at plant on in chemistry laboratories of food industry.
CDR PalmOilTester can determine:
- Free Fatty Acids (FFA) in 1 minute
- Peroxides in 4 minutes
- DOBI & Carotene in 6 minutes
- Iodine value in 2 minutes
- p-Anisidine Value in 2 minutes
Thanks to its ease of use and reliability, CDR PalmOilTester is employed by palm oil producers in Asia, Africa and South America during all production stages.
Furthermore, CDR PalmOilTester is used in testing laboratories or directly on production lines in many food industries worldwide that use palm oil as a cooking oil and shortening or in the manufacture of margarine, non-dairy creamers and ice cream and so on.
It offers an analytical method that combines reliability of results with a simple and rapid use.
What is the CDR PailmOilTester System?
CDR PalmOilTester is a self-contained apparatus complete with everything needed to perform accurate chemical analyses on palm oil, at the mill, at the refinery plant, or at any stage of the production line.
- An analyzer based on photometric technology, equipped with state-of-the-art LED emitters, reading cells and 37°C thermostated incubation cells.
- A kit of low toxicity, disposable reagents. Reagents are pre-vialed, in package of 10 tests, 1 year shelf life, developed and produced by the research laboratories of CDR.
- Pipettes allow for the collection of the correct volume of sample.
- The Help function will lead you through the process “Step by Step”.
- A graphic printer will immediately print the test results..
Save your time
CDR PalmOilTester can determine several parameters in palm oil, either crude or refined, relying on analytical procedures and dedicated reagents specifically developed by the research laboratories of CDR that allow:
- a sample preparation that is quick and easy
- making analytical procedures extremely fast and easy
- removing all needs for complex calibration procedures.
Moreover, CDR PalmOilTester allows accelerating analytical procedures for crude and refined palm oil quality control because it features:
- thermostated incubation cells
- multitasking mode
These features allow performing several analyses at the same time on the same sample or sixteen different assays for the same parameter on a batch of different samples.
CDR PalmOilTester can be used to test crude, refined, and Kernel Palm Oil to determine:
- Anisidine Value (AnV)
- DOBI & Carotene content
- Free Fatty Acids
- Iodine Value test
- Peroxide Value
|Test type||Number of tests||Code||Measuring Range|
|Low Free Fatty Acids (FFA)
||100||*300125||Palm oil: 0,01 – 0,54% Palmitic Acid|
|Palm Kernel Oil: 0,01 – 0,45% lauric acid|
|High Free Fatty Acids (FFA)
||100||*300125 + *300129||1 – 12,57% Palmitic Acid|
|Palm Kernel Oil: 1 – 10,60% lauric acid|
|Peroxide Value (PV)
||100||*300150||Refined oil: 0,1 – 25,4 meqO2/Kg|
|Crude oil: 0,5 – 60,5 meqO2/Kg|
|DOBI & Carotene||100||*300195||DOBI 0,1 – 20|
|Carotene 0,1 – 862,26 ppm of ß-carotene|
|p-Anisidine Value (AnV)||100||*300500||0,5 – 100 AnV|
|Iodine value (IV)
||100||*300560||2 – 100 I.V.|
|Tests||Free Fatty Acids (FFA)
Iodine value in Palm Oil
|Possibility of running several tests on the same sample|
|Incubation module||37˚C thermostatic block with 16 slots|
|Internal memory to store analysis results|
|Touch Screen Display|
|USB host port to connect USB memories|
|USB port to connect to a PC|
|Ethernet (LAN) port|
|Wireless link for external printer||–|
|Dimensions and weight||32 X 29,5 X 13 cm (L x P x H) – 2,8 Kg|
|Lithium ion battery||–|