CSI Labshop Malaysia is a supplier of CRMs and SRMs reference material.
Call us for a complete line of reference materials.
What is SRM and CRM?
Certified Reference Materials (CRMs) are ‘controls’ or standards used to check the quality and metrological traceability of products, to validate analytical measurement methods, or for the calibration of instruments. A certified reference material is a particular form of measurement standard.
Reference materials are particularly important for analytical chemistry and clinical analysis. Since most analytical instrumentation is comparative, it requires a sample of known composition (reference material) for accurate calibration. These reference materials are produced under stringent manufacturing procedures and differ from laboratory reagents in their certification and the traceability of the data provided.
Quality management systems involving laboratory accreditation under national and international accreditation/certification standards such as ISO/IEC 17025 require metrological traceability to Certified Reference Materials (where possible) when using reference materials for calibration.
Whilst Certified Reference Materials are preferred where available, their availability is limited. Reference Materials that do not meet all the criteria for certified reference materials are more widely available: the principal difference is the additional evidence of metrological traceability and statement of measurement uncertainty provided on the certificate for certified reference materials.
Types of reference material
- Pure substances; essentially pure chemicals, characterised for chemical purity and/or trace impurities.
- Standard solutions and gas mixtures, often prepared gravimetrically from pure substances.
- Matrix reference materials, characterised for the composition of specified major, minor or trace chemical constituents. Such materials may be prepared from matrices containing the components of interest, or by preparing synthetic mixtures.
- Physico-chemical reference materials, characterised for properties such as melting point, viscosity, or optical density.
- Reference objects or artifacts, characterised for functional properties such as taste, odour, octane number, flash point and hardness. This type also includes microscopy specimens characterised for properties ranging from fibre type to microbiological specimens.
CSI Labshop Malaysia is a supplier and has an extensive network of sources for CRMs and SRMs from all over the world. All kinds of reference materials from environmental samples, geological, material characterization, elemental, oil, sedimentary, sand, and much more, call us for more information.